Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default attaching a label to a turning

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:04:13 -0600, william kossack
wrote:

I use beall primarily also but I've been experimenting with other
finishs. For example, I have a cedar vase that has several coats of
lacquer on it. After allowing some drying time I buffed it up with the
beall to smooth out the surface.

I use it on everything from bare, sanded wood to things that just look a bit
dull....

Some things just get the wax wheel, others get the whole treatment, etc...

Some finishes will abrade off with the 1st wheel, so I just do the white diamond
and wax wheels... I never realized how versatile the buffing system was!

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis