Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default plastic plumbing

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am just in the process of refitting bathroom and toilet. I will be
tiling the walls and probably the floors (may use vinyl though).

To simplify things I am considering using plastic pluming

oh its failed already....

to plumb in a
radiator/towel rail. Has anyone any idea on the reliability of using
these fittings. I am happy soldering, but moving the pipes around is a
lot harder, hence the thought of using plastic.

Obviously the last thing I want happening is for a joint to fail behind
a tiled partition or under a floor.

Seriously, a particular advantage of plastic is that its easy to thread in
so that there are no inaccesable joints.

Jim A