Posted to alt.home.repair
Kirby Nomad Kirby Nomad is offline

Default Window Retrofit in frame home

"ESM" wrote in message
I'm down in Central Florida and am pricing out replacement windows. I
called Home Depot and got a price on their Simonton windows that they
install for you. This is a higher grade window then what they offer
in-store.

The windows are all dual pane, argon filled, low E, double hung, all
vinyl. Since it's FL, they are rated for hurricane winds up to 120mph.
The installed price for 8 windows, 1 5' slider, and 1 6' slider is
$10,500. This includes the following window sizes:

3 @ 34x75, 1 @ 52x49, 1 @ 52x37, 2 @ 36x49, 1 @ 18x35, 1 @ 5' slider, 1 @
6' slider. As you can see, I do have some larger windows.

I'm trying to determine how good or bad this price is given the type of
window and the sizes. Any thoughts?

It would be beneficial, to determine a competitive price, based on your
other estimates.