Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default I Made A Chess Piece

Wed, Aug 16, 2006, 4:24am (EDT+4)
(John*B) doth hit it with:
One of those forehead slapping moments Give ya the sh-t's don't they.
A couple of times I've read things in the group and gone and kicked
myself around the block for not thinking of it sooner. That's the beauty
of this forum.

Hi John:
Perzactly. I spend more time now trying to think out my problems,
or how I will do something, so I'm sorting out a lot more of those
little problems than I used to. Still some slipping by tho. One way
that helps is talking it out - to myself. Kinda amazing at times how
many good ideas pop up that way. Apparently I got on the wrong subject,
and didn't think of your way. LOL

On the referse side, you can think about something and it sounds
absolutely great. But that's when it's only bouncing from one side of
your skull to the other. You're convinced you're the new DaVinci. But
if you put it into words, and say them outloud, even if it's only
talking to yourself, so often you suddenly realize what a absolutely
stupid idea that is. Not every idea is bad, but saying them outloud
does tend to sort out most of the bad ones before you get the chance to
really screw up.

Sometimes coming here is the equivalent to talking outloud.

JOAT
Justice was invented by the innocent.
Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.