Posted to alt.home.repair
ESM ESM is offline

Default Window Retrofit in frame home

I'm down in Central Florida and am pricing out replacement windows. I
called Home Depot and got a price on their Simonton windows that they
install for you. This is a higher grade window then what they offer
in-store.

The windows are all dual pane, argon filled, low E, double hung, all vinyl.
Since it's FL, they are rated for hurricane winds up to 120mph. The
installed price for 8 windows, 1 5' slider, and 1 6' slider is $10,500.
This includes the following window sizes:

3 @ 34x75, 1 @ 52x49, 1 @ 52x37, 2 @ 36x49, 1 @ 18x35, 1 @ 5' slider, 1 @ 6'
slider. As you can see, I do have some larger windows.

I'm trying to determine how good or bad this price is given the type of
window and the sizes. Any thoughts?