Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default Squeeking door hinges

Jimmy wrote:
My door hinges sqeek really bad. I've tried different stuff, always back

in
a week or so. I don't want to use wd-40 all the time, the spray goes on

the
door and trim and just doesn't last.

Door hinges are designed for easy removal:
you just drive the pin upwards with a blunt
nail or any rod narrow enough to fit. So:
1. You can remove the pins and remove the
whole door; then sand any edges of either
hinge that shows signs of wear or scraping.
Grease with automobile hinge lubricant, then
reassemble.
2. When oiling from outside, mask the wood
before you spray the metal.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs