Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Shop vac dust collection: hose sources?

Dave-Thanks for the reply. Saw is a 5412, new a couple months ago.
Looking at the saw from the right side, if the blade were a clock face
the port's at about 10, but since it sits rear of the motor, it forms a
scoop down to about the middle of the blade (9 o'clock). I've found
without the bag, a fair amount of dust does seem to spew from the port
(not that the bag manages to catch much when it IS there ;-/ ) I'll
try cobbling up some 1.5" hose to the 2.25" from the vac with duct tape,
just to see if the port is effective at all. Again I think since the
saw head moves around so much in use these are especially difficult.

Dan

port position, I meant looking at the saw from the LEFT side.