Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default DW705 explosion

In article , wrote:

When a cutoff is small it can be thrown anywhere and faster than a
blink of an eye. I suspect the cutoff jammed the blade--yes this has
happened to me. Another reason to be certain your stock is firmly in
place, your hands are a safe distance from the blade, safety glasses
are worn, and the operator is in sound mind with safety first. Glad
you were not hurt!

One small correction: instead of safety glasses, a face shield.

There are other things on your face besides your eyes that need protection.

--
Regards,