Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Day Bill Day is offline

Default aaarrrghh - speaking of stupid mistakes

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:29:35 -0700, "Bill" wrote:

Iwhen I got done, I discovered I'd made a giant spur drive for
reverse turning only - in other words, the slope of the kife blades was

I knew a woodworker who got a commission to build a seating bench for
a church foyer....he studied the plans, decided he understood the
dimensions, and proceeded to build the whole thing.
When he was done, he did a double check of all the specs....and yep,
he had done it mirror image....right-handed instead of left.
I think he kept it after he re-did it for the customer. It ain't
exactly stupid, but it does pay to triple-check some things....