Posted to rec.woodworking
Todd the wood junkie Todd the wood junkie is offline

Default DW705 explosion

I was doing a 45/45 compound cut when out of nowhere the saw mangled
the piece I was working on and stopped with a grind. After I looked at
the damage to the piece (and doing a finger count), I also noticed the
saw blade had bent the rear blade guard, broken the vacuum attachment,
and ripped into the aluminum side frame of the saw itself. The force
had to have been tremendous. I put on a fresh blade and noticed that
it wobbled. I fear the shaft is also bent.

I took the saw today to the dewalt dealer and it is still under their 3
yr warrenty so I think I am covered.

Has this ever happend to anyone? There were no nails in the wood
(common ash), and didn't think I was doing anything out of the ordinary
in the cut. I have only had a CMS for a year and a half, and don't
consider myself an expert in it's usage so any advice is welcome.