Tom Del Rosso

Default American Chopper Observations

In ,
PhysicsGenius typed:

I'd really love a show that taught metalworking, but I for one never
expected AC to be that show. That would be like expecting Star Trek
to teach astronomy. The science (or metalworking/gas engine
repair/business operations in the case of American Chopper) is just a
backdrop to the human drama. I happen to like the human drama shown
on AC, but not every person likes every other person, so clearly it
won't appeal to everyone.

TLC has shows about surgery. They don't try to educate, but even those
shows manage to explain some techniques. Junkyard wars explains a
little technique sometimes, or at least the early ones did. AC is just
drama. I just think they could put in at least some how-to as well. As
every says the skilled work is farmed out, so maybe there could be a
show filmed in a different shop.

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-