Posted to uk.d-i-y
John White John White is offline

Default Earth bonding regs

VisionSet wrote:

John White wrote:

Earth bonding regs.

Yes there's lots of them depending what you are planning to do. Can
you be a bit more specific please.

I want to check and if necessary replace the main bonding of electrical
and rising main, gas etc.
At the moment I have a bond from rising main to (I assume) distribution
board.
Also it was 'bonded' to a very coroded ferrous pipe that appears to be
disused (old gas?)
So I wan t the docs that explain how all this lot should be joined or
otherwise together.

A good starting point is:

http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/...s_answered.pdf

This gives the earthing arrangements for most electrical supply types
and is a good introduction to the subject.

It also names the parts and gives the required cable sizes.

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor