Roy's Junk

Default Gold and Silver

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 06:14:43 GMT, Mark
wrote:

Roy's Junk wrote:

I go to a lot of auctions where a lot of junk is sold.

What you need to do is to develop an eye.

And grow balls.

Thing is, you show up at an auction with a chemistry set and .... let's
just say it won't be pretty. And I'll lead the charge if my O'l Lady
doesn't nut shoot you first.

Dumbass, you have to learn the stampings and other stuff. If you don't
want to put in the effort to learn these things, and it applies in more
than an auction setting, your ass is dead meat.

You show up at my auction and scrape a stamped ring .... Your ass is mine.

If you can't tell the difference you have no business being there.

I originally said:
I go to a lot of auctions where a lot of junk is sold. I frequently
get jewelry and other items that contain gold and silver. Some will
be marked as to content but sometimes things appear to be gold or
silver but is not marked. Most appears to have no gold or silver
beyond plating.

I said I get these things. I said some is marked as to say I do know
and learn what the stampings mean. My concern is with the items that
I get as in they are now mine but unmarked as to content.

I never said anything about taking a chemistry set to an auction.

I have seen many items being sold as gold that were clearly marked as
gold plate or gold filled.

I don't know what set you off unless it is lack of reading
comprehension. Your answer has no relation to what I said and asked.

Roy