Backlash

Default American Chopper Observations

Jesse James has stated that there was 55 hours of CNC time in one of his
wheels, from a billet of aluminum, for what that's worth.

RJ

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Backlash" wrote in message
You're right, it would be great if the machinery was being built
step-by-step in real time, then I would REALLY be watching them. But we

seem
to live in an instant gratification society that would quickly become

bored
and turn the channel. I don't think any of us hard core shop types

would,
but hey, it's coming around. We didn't even used to have THIS. One thing

we
can do to "improve" these shows is email their sites and the sites of

their
sponsers to express our opinions.

I wondered about that now thinking in retrospect. The old man said they

had
just a few days to get the bike together. Then at the end, the CNC candy
cane wheels came in. And the paint job was delivered. If they got that
kind of turnaround on those wheels, I am really impressed. And if paint
will dry like that in a couple of days or less, I am more impressed.

But I don't think so.

Steve