Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Kerosene in a plastic gasoline can

mm wrote in
:

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 01:54:39 -0500, Al Bundy
wrote:

I stenciled "kerosene" on a plastic gas can and have been using it for
20 years.
I don't recommend it because it is too easy to make a mistake. I did
it in an emergency, and now am too cheap to do otherwise.

Are you my long lost brother? I've been searching for you for 20
years!

Maybe I'll take a marker with me, and write kerosene if the guy
insists. Later I can change it to skerosene, so as not to confuse
anyone.

Again, Red Green comes to the rescue...

Remember those things when you (me anyway) were a kid where you wrote on
the film over the silver/grey backing? You pulled the film up and it
erased the writing for a clean slate. Can't remember what it was called.

I had that and I liked it. I don't remember the name.

Some old memory bubbles have popped out saying Magic Slate" maybe. I think
I used a Magic Marker on it eventually. Figured they were both magic and I
wanted to see magically how this marker that won't come off anything came
off my Magic Slate. "Waaaaaahhhhh! Mommy, my Magic Slate is broke.
Wahhhhhhh!".

So mom tries to fix it by using fingernail polish remover and the film
melts big time.

Guess mom didn't "Know your solvents vs plastics:" and check the the MDS
sheet first, ehhh Richard :-)

Just duct tape one of those to the can and change at will at the station.

Great idea. I should have though of that. When in college I had keys
that were stamped on them Do Not Duplicate, I would put some paper
tape around the head of the key and write "Back Door" on the paper.