Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kerosene in a plastic gasoline can

Traces of kero won't hurt a gasoline engine. Half or a third kero
might not start the mower.

Years ago, they used to use kerosene and gasoline for remote location
pump houses. Start the engine on gas, and then switch over to kero.
Because kero stores longer without going stale.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"mm" wrote in message
Is it legal for a vendor to put kerosene in a plastic gasoline can?
(I assume the opposite is illegal, but I don't know about this.)

Is there any other reason not to put in in one?

If after I've emptied all the kerosene and want to use it for
gasoline, if there's a little bit of kerosene still in it, will that
be a problem for a lawn mower or a car?

I have a spare platic can and no room for a kerosene can, and I would
only need it for a few months anyhow.