Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Kerosene in a plastic gasoline can

mm wrote in
:

Is it legal for a vendor to put kerosene in a plastic gasoline can?
(I assume the opposite is illegal, but I don't know about this.)

Is there any other reason not to put in in one?

If after I've emptied all the kerosene and want to use it for
gasoline, if there's a little bit of kerosene still in it, will that
be a problem for a lawn mower or a car?

I have a spare platic can and no room for a kerosene can, and I would
only need it for a few months anyhow.

If you have no room for a kero can you just plain have too much ****.

Don't swap them Period

There are a bizillion different plastics/properties. Different liquids
will eat or not eat away at plastics at a very fast or very slow rate.
I'm sure you want gallons of fuel leaking out of a can that "I dunno wha
happen. I've been using that can for months. Must be a can defect.".

But why are gas cans red and kero cans blue? Think fireman. So when they
go to put out a fire they will know what's in the can from far away
without having to go up and sniff your can (no pun intended) or pull out
binoculars to read makeshift labels. Then they know what to put on it so
they put it out and not spread the flammable.

Sell $10 worth of that useless **** you have on ebay and buy a can.
Solves the space problem.