Backlash

Default American Chopper Observations

You're right, it would be great if the machinery was being built
step-by-step in real time, then I would REALLY be watching them. But we seem
to live in an instant gratification society that would quickly become bored
and turn the channel. I don't think any of us hard core shop types would,
but hey, it's coming around. We didn't even used to have THIS. One thing we
can do to "improve" these shows is email their sites and the sites of their
sponsers to express our opinions.

RJ

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message
In ,
Backlash typed:
No matter what you all may think about American Chopper, Monster
Garage, etc. I think these programs have ignited a spark of
metalworking creativity in the American public not seen since the
Industrial Revolution. I now have a couple of friend's teenage sons
hanging around my shop trying to experience and learn ANYTHING they
can about bikes and any other machinery. This is especially
gratifying to me, as I was taken under the wing of an older mentor at
the age of 16, and have always wanted to be able to pay it forward.
He died 2 years ago, so now it's my turn. Along with my 2 sons, these
other 2 young men will be part of my legacy, such as it is. Four
present and future members of the metalworking fellowship we all here
hold so dear.

That's great, but it would be better if those shows would teach
something. The ealy Junkyard Wars included brief descriptions of
techniques. When I try to watch AC it becomes clear very quickly that
I'm not going to pick up anything. The Bikes are nice to look at but
that's all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-