Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Shop vac dust collection: hose sources?

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:55:16 GMT, Monroe wrote:

Ditto. I've tried a number of things with my Bosch slider (again, the
as-built dust collection port worked poorly with every conceivable
customization). I had finally found a "sweet spot" toward the front,
albeit, I'm still trying to figure something better than my duct tape
connection to hold in place. Thinking in terms of some type of
shroud assembly for that general area.

I use the crapsman, so I'm not sure who makes it or what brand it's like, but
this worked pretty well for me:

I had several old 2x4's that were going to be firewood so I used them to sort of
test where the saw was kicking out the most crap...
I'd vacuum the area around the saw, make a few cuts and note where it shot the
most dust...

It seemed like with or with out dust collection, most was shooting back and
down, sort of between the vac port and the zero clearance plate..
I put the bag back on the port and put a DC hood (I think they called it a
jointer hood) on the table behind the saw, in the path of the crap coming off
the blade... seems to work pretty well for me.. YMWV

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis