Posted to alt.home.repair
professorpaul professorpaul is offline

Default Air Filters - Questions re the ones for the HVAC and seperate plug-in type air filters.

I think you have a tad bit of overkill...

I have a washable filter in my HVAC system. Simply take the hose to it
once a month. I do find that the soluable oil spray for filters helps a
lot.

When they have dirt you can see, they are too dirty.

I had an electrostatic filter system in a house once. More trouble than
it was worth, as the grid was heavy and awkward to put in the laundry
tub to clean it out.

Frequent (monthly) changing of filters is sufficient. If you don't want
washable ones, just buy the disposable ones in quantity for a better
price.