Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller Kevin Miller is offline

Default attaching a label to a turning

william kossack wrote:
I have some turnings that I wanted to try and sell but the problem is
attaching price labels to them.

I'm looking for a way of attaching labels to the bottom of a bowl or a
vase that will stick without damaging the surface. Most bottoms are not
currently finished but are smooth and sanded.

I have a little blurb card that I attach to all my turnings. The price
lable is on it, since it'll be tossed out anyway most likely. For bowls
I just set it in them. For something with a finial or with a hole of
some sort I punch a hole in the card and attach it with string.

The card has my logo & name/address on the outside (sorta like a
business card) and on the inside it has the wood type, finish, a care
and feeding write up and an 'artist's statement'. They're pretty cheap
to do. I did them up in a word processor, and get several hundred
printed up for around $10 or so. They take 1/4 of a sheet of paper
each. The print/copy shop cuts them for me even...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb