Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross Gerald Ross is offline

Default attaching a label to a turning

Arch wrote:
Hi William. Strictly my personal opinion, but to me most (not all of
course) price labels stuck on handmade work tend to cheapen it. That's
ok for both ends; the Dollar Store and Tiffany's, but IMO not the
in-between turned work by William Kossack (or any other turner)
regardless of how trivial a turned object might seem.

snip

I'm hijacking your thread, but I hope it's ok to include other means to
indicate prices? ex: cards for your better turnings; HFs, bowls, etc
and grouped common prices for your rent payers; tops, needle cases,
etc.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

I use a Black micron Pigma fine tip pen to number, date and sign mine.
Each item is listed on the price list by item number, no prices on the
actual bowl.

This is a non-fading archival pigment ink and it writes fine on finished
and waxed surfaces.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA