Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default attaching a label to a turning

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:20:24 -0600, william kossack
wrote:

I have some turnings that I wanted to try and sell but the problem is
attaching price labels to them.

I'm looking for a way of attaching labels to the bottom of a bowl or a
vase that will stick without damaging the surface. Most bottoms are not
currently finished but are smooth and sanded.

After trying a lot of other ways, what works for me is one of my cards, but I
guess I should back up here..

I make my cards on the computer and print 2 kinds.... th normal ones that I hand
out and a set with the type a bit smaller and white space in the middle of the
card...
I found a roll of "sticky dots" in my wife's sewing stuff... like the stuff they
stick credit cards to cardboard to for easy removal..

I write the items description and price on the card, put a small hole in the
corner and put a loop of gold elastic cord through the hole... pop a dot on the
loop and stick on a handy part of the item... on bowls, the inside/top of the
lip works well..

The dot is easily removed at sale and the card can be moved to see all of the
bowl.. no label stuck on to hide the wood...
AND.. they have my card when they leave, which most keep because they aren't
going to remember what kind of wood the thing was made out of it they
don't..YMWV
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis