Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
william kossack william kossack is offline

Default attaching a label to a turning

this is interesting

My wife was talking about finding a way of gluing the string inside a
hollowform/vase (she is in charge after all and I'm just the artist)

Canchippy wrote:
william kossack wrote:

I have some turnings that I wanted to try and sell but the problem is
attaching price labels to them.

I'm looking for a way of attaching labels to the bottom of a bowl or a
vase that will stick without damaging the surface. Most bottoms are not
currently finished but are smooth and sanded.

Well I have only needed to do this once and I made small labels on the
computer, punched a hole in the top and put a loop of fancy thread
through it. I used that sticky putty stuff you can buy to put pictures
on the wall, just a small pea sized piece, to stick the other end of
the thread inside the bowl/HF. This way you can adjust the positition
of the label so it is readable without picking up the turning. Never
sold anything at my one and only show so I haven't done it again!
Peter
Visit my site at:
http://www.oldtoolsshop.com/Galoots/pHyde/