Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Daylight Halogens

In article ,
Doki wrote:
In TV lighting you use a blue filter to get the correct colour
temperature.

The thing with painting is that some colours will look fine under
artificial light but be shown as a poor match under daylight, so you
need the right spectrum.

Well halogen is continuous spectrum but simply the wrong colour
temperature, and using a 1/2 blue or so simply corrects the CT to
daylight. But of course daylight varies by quite a bit...

Had a chat with a sprayer since posting and apparently you can get
away with normal bulbs as I'm doing the whole car so there's no match to
worry about...

As long as the source is continuous spectrum you should be able to match
ok as the eye compensates for CT. What you mustn't use is ordinary
fluorescents as things can look fine under that but terrible in daylight.

--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.