Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Bemier Joe Bemier is offline

Default Super-powered Splinters

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 03:31:41 GMT, "CW" wrote:

You're overcomplicating things. A pocket knife is all that's needed. Forget
the rest of the stuff.

Same here. I have a scalpel and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.

wrote in message
roups.com...

You forget: X-Acto knives. A set includes all the blades you need to
do self-surgery. Some 190 proof ethanol (For medicinal purposes), an
alcohol lamp (not a candle- too much soot), and some iodine (I use the
stuff we use to sanitize beer equipment) and you can go to town digging
out even the nastiest splinters.

As a tip- cut opposite the penetration direction. That ensures you
don't split it and push two pieces in further.

While it might be nice to have a shot in the finger to help you deal
with the pain, the pain helps you focus on where it is- where it hurts
is where the splinter is....