Posted to rec.woodworking
tdup2 tdup2 is offline

Default Shop vac dust collection: hose sources?

Use sump pump hose, that's about 1 1/2" and a little duck tape to hold it
on.

"Dan" wrote in message
. ..
A follow up on the thread on using a shop vac as a dust collector. I have
a Ridgid vac with 2 1/4" hoses, however the connection at the vac is of the
clip on type (hose end clips in with a small tab, rather than friction fit,
so you can drag the vac around by the hose without it pulling out), and the
actual vac inlet opening is closer to 2 11/16". I would like to use this
as a dust collector on my Bosch slide miter saw, which has a 1 1/2" dust
collection fitting. Would like to use about 12 feet of 1 1/2" hose to
connect the vac to the saw. I can't find anything like this, there appear
to be some places that can make it up, but they're pretty expensive
(~$100). Anyone know where I can get a hose of the type I need for a
reasonable price?

TIA

Dan