Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Shop vac dust collection: hose sources?

wrote:
Dan wrote:
A follow up on the thread on using a shop vac as a dust collector. I
have a Ridgid vac with 2 1/4" hoses, however the connection at the vac
is of the clip on type (hose end clips in with a small tab, rather than
friction fit, so you can drag the vac around by the hose without it
pulling out), and the actual vac inlet opening is closer to 2 11/16". I
would like to use this as a dust collector on my Bosch slide miter saw,
which has a 1 1/2" dust collection fitting. Would like to use about 12
feet of 1 1/2" hose to connect the vac to the saw. I can't find
anything like this, there appear to be some places that can make it up,
but they're pretty expensive (~$100). Anyone know where I can get a
hose of the type I need for a reasonable price?

TIA

Dan

a source for high quality hose of that general type is any swimming
pool supply house. you'll have to make up your own ends, but they have
the hose.

Thanks for the suggestion, worth a look!

Dan