Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] maradcliff@UNLISTED.com is offline

Default Springs for hanging curtains

On 10 Aug 2006 17:03:05 -0700, "Darrel"
wrote:

Years ago it was possible to hang curtains on springs. I'm not
talking about a rod with a spring inside it, but a stretchable
tightly-coiled spring that was screwed into a wall using an eye at each
end.

Anyone know where to buy such springs?

Why would you want to use springs? Seems to me it would be hard to
get them thru the cloth. If you dont want to use the commercial rods,
just use a piece of 1/4" steel rod and 2 eye hooks. Or 1/4" or 3/8"
wooden dowel. Thats all I use. I dont fuss with all those fancy and
costly curtain rods, hooks and stuff. On some windows I got some
commercial rods that are just a 3/8" hollow steel rod that expands.
They work fine too, and have some nicer brackets. As long as I dont
have to fuss with all those hooks and other nonsense, I'm happy. This
beats what I did when I was younger and would just nail the curtains
into the top of the woodwork where it meets the wall, using some small
nails !!! (Women seem to get offended by this)

Mark