Cuezilla

Default American Chopper Observations

I think these guys are a joke. They have been building bikes for like
3 years and somehow got this reality show. There is something wrong
with every bike they build. And what is with all the deadlines? That
plot has gotten really thin. I can't believe anyone is really buying
those bikes they build. There are too many real bike builders out
there to deal with those guys.

"SteveB" wrote in message news:VIpGb.39018$BQ5.35833@fed1read03...
I love this show. At first, I thought, "Just how many ways can you build a
bike that has two wheels, an engine, and some handlebars?"

Well, a hell of a lot more than I ever thought of. I thought it was going
to be another Monster Garage where people build ridiculous things to prove
they can MIG weld and use a plasma cutter. I am personally not interested
in a minivan that doubles as a garbage truck.

But watching the American Chopper show, I have a few things I would like to
mention:

Pauly - What's up with this kid? At first, I thought he was fighting back
against his domineering father, but have come to believe he is somewhat of a
Grinch. Evidence: the Santa bike. Couldn't suck it up and just say, "Lets
do this for the fun of it and the kids." Had to say, "This is below the
standards of OCC." Or something equally stupid. The guy welds and grinds
without PPE, how much can he know? Too prissified for me.

Vinny - Simply put, the guy that makes Pauly look so good. If Vinny died,
Pauly would be dead in the water. Like Mikey got to do, I would like to see
Vinny get a project, and a couple of helpers and see what they came up with.
But then, it might show who REALLLY has the brains and talent between Pauly
and Vinny. Or maybe they are just equals.

Mikey - Mikey has come a long way. He has a heart as big as his ass, and a
sense of humor that runs very deep. He jumped right in there with the Santa
bike project, and the Christmas tree and the angel on top were classic.
Pauly would never have acted so "childish". I love shows that have Mikey in
them.

The two elves who helped with the Santa bike - A couple of classy dudes.
AND, unlike Pauly and Vinnie, wore their PPE while grinding. The reindeer
head fender came out great, although I was having misgivings when first I
saw it going together. They are not to be passed over lightly.

The Old Man - Really showed he had a soft heart with the Santa bike. But
then, pulled over a double yellow line to pass the camera truck. WTF was HE
thinking? And him clowning with Mikey showed he is just a big teddy bear
with a big mustache.

Looking forward to another season of AC.

Happy Holidays to all.

Steve