Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
william kossack william kossack is offline

Default attaching a label to a turning

I had thought of small labels.

I was thinking of putting a code on each label then having a sign that
explains the code ie type of wood, finish and care.

One thought was a small label on a string. The string is attached to
the bottom with a small bit of hot melt glue

Arch wrote:
Hi William. Strictly my personal opinion, but to me most (not all of
course) price labels stuck on handmade work tend to cheapen it. That's
ok for both ends; the Dollar Store and Tiffany's, but IMO not the
in-between turned work by William Kossack (or any other turner)
regardless of how trivial a turned object might seem.

If you do choose to stick labels on your work, I suggest that the label.
be small, discreet, elegant and handwritten in small script...and barely
stuck on, maybe with a dot of rubber cement or a peeling type
adhesive made with a solvent that doesn't affect the finish. I suspect
that you can tell that my only experience with labels is that my wife
once worked for the Dennison company in Boston.

I'm hijacking your thread, but I hope it's ok to include other means to
indicate prices? ex: cards for your better turnings; HFs, bowls, etc
and grouped common prices for your rent payers; tops, needle cases,
etc.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter