Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Shop vac dust collection: hose sources?

A follow up on the thread on using a shop vac as a dust collector. I
have a Ridgid vac with 2 1/4" hoses, however the connection at the vac
is of the clip on type (hose end clips in with a small tab, rather than
friction fit, so you can drag the vac around by the hose without it
pulling out), and the actual vac inlet opening is closer to 2 11/16". I
would like to use this as a dust collector on my Bosch slide miter saw,
which has a 1 1/2" dust collection fitting. Would like to use about 12
feet of 1 1/2" hose to connect the vac to the saw. I can't find
anything like this, there appear to be some places that can make it up,
but they're pretty expensive (~$100). Anyone know where I can get a
hose of the type I need for a reasonable price?

TIA

Dan