Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT is offline

Default Do time delay fuses control power in the house?

wrote:
Could be - put a meter on it in ohm setting to see if the fuse is
blown. It should show nearly zero resistance - if not the fuse should
be replaced.

wrote:
I lost power in the house the other day and after several hours, Edison
restored the power, however we only have partial power I turned off the
main circuit breaker for a couple of minutes, then flipped it back on,
but i still have only partial power. I found another panel outside with
two Shawmut tr50r time delay fuses. Could these be the cause of the
partial power loss?

Don't try to use the OHM setting of your meter with the fuse still in
it's fuse holder. If you do then you will blow the meters fuse or roach
your meter. Use the voltage setting and measure across the fuse. If
you get 120 volts the fuse is bad.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.