Posted to alt.home.repair
Darrel Darrel is offline

Default Springs for hanging curtains

Perhaps that's why I'm having trouble, Perce. Probably used them in the
UK and am now looking for them in the US.

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 08/10/06 08:03 pm Darrel wrote:

Years ago it was possible to hang curtains on springs. I'm not
talking about a rod with a spring inside it, but a stretchable
tightly-coiled spring that was screwed into a wall using an eye at each
end.

Anyone know where to buy such springs?

I remember things of this kind from UK many decades ago, but I don't
recall whether I've ever seen them anywhere else. It seemed to me that
they always sagged at least slightly except with the flimsiest of curtains.

Perce