Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner
wrote on Thu, 10 Aug 2006 04:44:20 GMT in misc.survivalism :
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:56:53 +0100, Steve Taylor
wrote:

Jeff McCann wrote:

It really is hard to say, but I do know quite alot from direct personal
observation about how people react when their lives are totally disrupted,
homes and jobs completely gone, communities devastated, loved ones missing,
hurt or killed, little or no news from outside, etc. I'm willing to rely
more than you appear to be on the basic resiliency of the American character
in the face of adversity, as well as in the basic robustness of our social,
economic and political systems.

That's true for any people, look at the way we (I'm English) reacted to
Germany's bombings of London and other major cities, or how we reacted
when the IRA destroyed the centre of my city (Manchester), or when our
home grown Islamists butchered people in the subways of London.

Everyone adapts, and very quickly.

Steve

For those who are history challenged...go too Google, images..then
type in London Blitz

Take a good look at the photos.

One should note..British Civilizaton (such as it is G) didnt
collapse despite even that.

That collapse occurred later, when the Brits successively leveled great
parts of Urban Britain. At least the luftwaffe had just demolished the
buildings, not replaced them with ugly edifices as monuments to the bottom
line.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Typos, Grammos and da kind are the result of ragin hormones