Roy's Junk

Default Gold and Silver

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:11:35 GMT, jim wrote:

Roy's Junk wrote:

I plan on getting a kit containing acids and a testing stone for
determining if an object contains gold or silver. Some of the kits
contain needles also.

Am I on the right track and are the needles worth the extra expense?

first, do you know how to use the acid and stone?? if not then go to a
jewelry store or place that buys jewelry, like a pawn shop and bring the
kit with you and if they are not busy ask them to show you how to use
the kit... you can bet a pawn show knows how to use it.........

Thank You for the suggestion. The kits come with instructions.

Your experience with pawn shops must be better than mine. : )

I have always found them overpriced, unfriendly and seemingly geared
toward people that need money bad and are not too concerned with cost
or
value.

It may be I have just been in the wrong ones.

You in that business?

Thank You

Roy