Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do time delay fuses control power in the house?

Be sure to thank God tonight that you don't. If you'd tried that, you
would possibly have fried yourself.

Please call the power co back, an electrician, a handyman, or a lady
with the alligator purse. I'm not kidding when I say that you can kill
yourself by sticking things into an electrical box.

The other guy suggesting you test the fuses did you no favors.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't have a meter tester. Do hardware stores generally have a
service where they test fuses for customers?
wrote:
Could be - put a meter on it in ohm setting to see if the fuse is
blown. It should show nearly zero resistance - if not the fuse

should
be replaced.

wrote:
I lost power in the house the other day and after several hours,

Edison
restored the power, however we only have partial power I turned

off the
main circuit breaker for a couple of minutes, then flipped it back

on,
but i still have only partial power. I found another panel outside

with
two Shawmut tr50r time delay fuses. Could these be the cause of

the
partial power loss?