Posted to rec.woodworking
grappletech grappletech is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

I think a lot of people today have too much money at their disposal.
Before you jump on that statement, remember necessity is the mother of
invention. If the pipes leaked and you couldn't afford a plumber,you
would probably find a way to repair the leak.

A friend of mine had a drippy bathroom sink. It had been driving her nuts
for months. I suggested that she put a washrag under the drip; then you
won't hear the drip anymore. It worked and she was happy. I replaced the
washer for her a few days later. You'd think she would have tried the
washrag under the drip trick already. Women. Beautiful, sexy creatures,
but most are clueless when it comes to things mechanical. I personally
know 4 or 5 women who've burned up engines by not changing the oil, adding
the oil, or even checking their oil. As long as the car starts, they're
happy and drive it until it stops starting. Of course, some men are like
this too, and they're even more pathetic! My brother's former brother-in-
law (late 20's) burned up the engine in a 1 year old Honda Civic by not
caring about the oil. His father, even more stupid than he was, went out
and bought the dude a brand new Acura Integra! More money thna brains.