Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Super-powered Splinters

In article ,
Clifford Heath wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
Man, maybe I really will see the doc tomorrow.

Do it. Buddy of mine, 100Kg of pure healthy muscle, nearly died
of septicemia (liver failure) after ignoring a cut on his toe
from a rusty nail. No point being too macho about it.

What he said.
A few years ago I was doing some yard work and got a splinter in my
left index finger. Later in the day I noticed it and picked it out. My
finger was slightly swollen but I didn't pay much attention. That
night I woke up with a 103d fever, and my entire left arm was swollen
with discolored veins visible under the skin. Kind of scary, really.
It was treated with antibiotics and pain killers.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland