Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] shareyourknowledge@hotmail.com is offline

Default Do time delay fuses control power in the house?

Hi- There are three rooms without power from the outlets and ceiling
lights. The funny thing is in our bedroom, some outlets work and some
don't. I plugged in a radio in a working outlet in the house and it
works. Edison came out and checked the main breaker and GFI outlet and
everything is fine. Looks like i'll have to call an electrician. A
friend mentioned i should check all the wall outlets for a loose wire
that may be shorted out if they are in a series.By the way, the time
delay fuses are for the A/C so that rules out the power loss in the
house. Bob.
wrote:
Get a low cost VOM, you can find one at Radio Shack for $20. Then you
can test fuses, etc. You can also test it with some jumpers and any
available battery powered small load, by just putting it in series.

What in the house is not working? Normally time delay fuses are used
on loads that take a larger start current, ie A/C, etc.