Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Do time delay fuses control power in the house?

With the power off swap the fuses. Power on and see if the same circuits
are dead.

I don't have a meter tester. Do hardware stores generally have a
service where they test fuses for customers?
wrote:

Could be - put a meter on it in ohm setting to see if the fuse is
blown. It should show nearly zero resistance - if not the fuse should
be replaced.

wrote:

I lost power in the house the other day and after several hours, Edison
restored the power, however we only have partial power I turned off the
main circuit breaker for a couple of minutes, then flipped it back on,
but i still have only partial power. I found another panel outside with
two Shawmut tr50r time delay fuses. Could these be the cause of the
partial power loss?