Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default Super-powered Splinters

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm not sure if it's Doug Fir or Hemlock that's in there, but I've got
a splinter that's really putting out the puss. And the thing is, I
thought I got the whole thing out. Are there certain species that are
more splinterific than others?

JP
I'm breaking out the scratch awl next.

DF has given me some nasty splinters. As soon as I get one, I make every
effort to remove it before it get locked in. It sometimes calls for a
little self-administered surgery. A very sharp pocket knife has served me
well a number of times. Dr. Dave says, clean well with alcohol, cut it
open, remove the intruder, apply antibiotic, bandage or super glue and move
on. But then again, anyone who takes medical advise from the wreck needs to
see a doctor anyway!

Dave

http://www.usenet.com