Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jake D Jake D is offline

Default Ever wondered why your gas bill is so high?

On 10 Aug 2006 03:43:02 -0700, wrote:

If you are one of the ones in the minority then the average wouldn't be
much use to you.

I believe I should be very roughly typical regards gas consumption for
a terraced house in Southern England.

Perhaps I should rephrase my question and ask for the mean rather than
the average.

The mean is the average in the sense you are using the terms. For what
you are asking you probably want to use the mode (most common value).

Ah, yes, thanks; the mode! I had forgotten that one! Okay then, the
mode is what I'm after.

I just want to determine whether my gas bills seem realistic. If not,
then I shall suspect a gas leak somewhere. My gas consumption seemed
to rise inordinately some time last Winter (more than usual).

Jake D