Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique Jay Pique is offline

Default Super-powered Splinters

marc rosen wrote:
Hey Jay,
I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV either but I would bet that
you have an infection and not merely an immune response to an antigen.
Both can produce inflammation but the production of puss (lots of white
blood cells called up to fight an infection) is more likely due to
bacteria. Get to a doc, even a small puncture wound like a splinter
can introduce anaerobic bacteria - like the ones that cause gangrene.

Wow. It's just a white bump on the side of my index finger, but it
doesn't really seem to be getting better. I've drained it with a
needle, but it sorta comes right back the next day. Man, maybe I
really will see the doc tomorrow. Thanks.

JP