Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

W Canaday wrote:

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:21:52 -0700, Steve B wrote:

"Leon" wrote

A good and successful salesman or representative has to swallow
his pride on occasion and try to see it from his customers point if
view.

I saw a cute cartoon: Man talking to a lady at a complaints desk.

Man says, Lady, if we let you keep the merchandise, refund all your
money, AND shoot the salesman, then would you be happy?

I managed for Dominos Pizza in Detroit and that WAS the guarantee.

If we shanked the pizza

??? Not heard that expression. I've heard "shank" as in "stab" and "shank"
as in "ride shank's mare" meaning "walk" but I'm having difficulty
associating either with a pizza.

and had to make a replacement, you got it AND a
full refund. If the driver balked, you could also keep him ... we
certainly had no further use for him.

A few of the drivers I've seen around here I wouldn't mind keeping . . .
Manager at the local Dominos has remarkable taste in women.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate