Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys no(SPAM)vasys is offline

Default choosing a miter saw:

:wumpscut: wrote:
I am looking for a good miter saw. I was told by HD that i shouldn't
think of Ryobi as their not accurate with the cuts. is this true?

Yes

I'm
just starting a business and can't waste or invest so much right away
on a more "accurate" saw so the Ryobi's seemed a good
choice.

It's not.

What do you all think? yeah the laser is only good when up,
the dust bag sucks but what about the angles? is the 22.5 degree cut
i want going to be that or -+ a bit? with what i do, a bit is a whole
lot!

The angles most likely will be off a lot more than a bit.

I will be using it to cut and frame crown moulding on top and bottom
areas of these:

You'll probably end up using it as a boat anchor. In my opinion there
is too much slop in Ryobi's saws to make them useful for anything other
than framing.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA