Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jake D Jake D is offline

Default Ever wondered why your gas bill is so high?

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:29:15 +0100, Guy King
wrote:

Does anyone happen to know the annual gas consumption (in volume) of
the average gas-central-heated terraced house in England (or better
still, Southern England)?

Good grief, the range of normal must vary by a factor about at least
three for that. I know people who can get by using sod all 'cos they
wear jumpers and have a well insulated house. I've also known people who
have the heating on all spring and even early summer because they like
to walk round the house mostly naked but will open the windows if it's
too hot instead of turning the thermostat down.

Of course. That's why I used the word *average*!

Jake D