Upscale

Default Leasing industrial space for hobby use

Has anyone tried renting industrial space for hobby use?

I've been keeping my eyes open for a wheelchair accessible space for a
number of years here in Toronto, Canada. The 'accessible part' severely
limits available choices. The accessible spaces I've found are too far away
for regular usage of such a space or I get the rental offer of space if they
can use my tools on occasion, which immediately wants me to run and hide. I
tell them if they were renting me a garage to place a car, would they expect
to drive the car? That usually shuts them up, but the available space
evaporates soon after that.
Tips:
Talk to some commercial realtors. They often have empty space that
they'll rent cheap if you'll vacate it quickly, if necessary, and not
require a lease. Paying in cash can help as well. G

Pretty difficult if you have a number of woodworking machines to move on a
moments notice. I went through this once and had to move everything into a
10'x10' storage facility at $100 a month. Four years later ($5000 worth) I
sold or gave the tools away just to be shed of the cost.