Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys no(SPAM)vasys is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

James E. Cannon wrote:

I've decided that this is on-topic for this NG since many of us order large
tools that have to be delivered freight.

When a truck driver drops a pallet in your garage, is he expecting a tip?
How much? What do you think?

It's never a question with the UPS guy since he is already gone before I can
even answer the door, but the freight guy is a different story.

This is why the whole concept of tipping sucks.

It depends on what you paid for. For most freight deliveries the driver
is responsible for delivering the item only to the back of the truck.
It is the receiver's responsibility from there.

Unless the delivery contract stated that the drive was responsible to
deliver the item to a specific location I would tip the driver if he
helped off load the item and put it in my garage.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)