Posted to rec.woodworking
W Canaday W Canaday is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 08:57:59 -0700, Steve B wrote:

You know, it's funny how a $20 tip can get a driver NOT to charge a $57
liftgate charge and write: Unloaded by customer's forklift. But hey, that
would be bribery/extortion according to some people who don't understand
simple math.

Steve

Apparently your ethics are for sale. You would cheat your employer out of
$57 for a $20 bribe by lying about the delivery.

I've been reading this thread for about a half hour now and it's apparent
that you 'just don't get it' because you don't see ANYTHING wrong with how
you lived your work life. Well I do and I can promise you that the one
thing you and I will never be is friends. Not in this life and probably
not in any future one either.

Bill